LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A spokesman for Mitch McConnell says the Senate majority leader tripped outside his home in Kentucky and suffered a shoulder fracture.
David Popp, a spokesman for the Kentucky Republican, said in a statement Sunday afternoon that McConnell fell on his outdoor patio, but has been treated and released after getting medical attention.
The statement says he is working from home in Louisville and “will continue to work from home” after his fall.
The statement also says McConnell has expressed his sympathies to the people of El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, following the recent mass shootings in those communities by contacting two Senate colleagues for those states.
- Zebulon road washed out in the summer of 2019 set to reopen in October
- NC man charged with murder in mobile home park shooting
- Clayton girl’s accidental shooting calls attention to the dangers of children and firearms
- NC native Lara Trump to visit Raleigh, Orange County on Monday and Tuesday
- Trump’s tax revelation could tarnish image that fueled rise
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now