ROCKY GAP, Va. (AP) – Authorities in Virginia say a Florida couple was found traveling in a moving truck with drugs and seven unrestrained children.
News outlets report a bystander witnessed a man hit a 1-year-old child in a U-Haul on Friday in Bland County, Virginia, and called 911. Bland County Sheriff Jason Ramsey says authorities pulled over the truck Friday afternoon.
Ramsey says two small children were found in the cab and five children were sitting on piles of clothes in the back of the truck. Authorities searched the truck and found drug paraphernalia and a white powder that Ramsey says tested positive for narcotics.
Thirty-one-year-old Delbray Delgado and 34-year-old Alicia Monique are charged with child neglect and possession with intent to distribute. It’s unclear whether they had attorneys who could speak for them.
- 77-year-old man killed in shooting as ‘disturbance’ reported in Fayetteville
- Raleigh barbershop, damaged after protests, becomes place to talk about racial inequality
- Pastors lead peaceful march in Raleigh, seeking change after George Floyd’s death
- NC family, friends and officials speak at George Floyd memorial service in Raeford
- Red Cross helping 3 displaced residents after Raleigh home damaged by fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now