RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Police are investigating after a person was injured and later died in a shooting in the 1600 block of Burgundy Street early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to a call concerning a shooting shortly before 2 a.m.
Once on scene, officers located the shooting victim. The victim, later identified as Jewan Merkel Philip, was transported to the hospital.
Around 4:20 p.m. Saturday, police announced that Philip, 22, died from injuries suffered in the shooting.
Police have not released any information regarding a suspect.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Amid record-high hospitalizations, Triangle doctors expecting more COVID-19 patients in coming weeks
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year
- SC man pleads guilty in plot to attack White House, Trump Tower
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years