RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Police are investigating after a person was injured and later died in a shooting in the 1600 block of Burgundy Street early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to a call concerning a shooting shortly before 2 a.m.
Once on scene, officers located the shooting victim. The victim, later identified as Jewan Merkel Philip, was transported to the hospital.
Around 4:20 p.m. Saturday, police announced that Philip, 22, died from injuries suffered in the shooting.
Police have not released any information regarding a suspect.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Parents struggle as schools reopen amid coronavirus surge
- Sea turtle nests on Oak Island face danger as Isaias rolls in; volunteers work to keep them safe
- Woman who left man to die in California motel freed decades early over COVID concerns
- Red fox with Instagram account euthanized after woman ‘kidnaps’ it
- Some mystery seeds illegally sent from China identified