RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting on New Bern Avenue put a Raleigh high school on lockdown Wednesday afternoon.
One person sustained a gunshot wound in the arm and was transported to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
The incident occurred in the 2100 block of New Bern Avenue, and at 12 p.m. Enloe High School was placed on code red lockdown as a precaution, Wake County Public Schools Communications Director Lisa Luten confirmed.
School was dismissed on time, under the supervision of Raleigh Police and all after school activities were canceled.
The investigation remains ongoing, and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCDOT stopping construction on most road projects for Thanksgiving holiday
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Domino’s restaurants and Scenthound are hiring
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- ‘A hero’: Charlotte man rescues little girl wandering alone in early morning
- 2-week shutdown possible in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now