RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting on New Bern Avenue put a Raleigh high school on lockdown Wednesday afternoon.
One person sustained a gunshot wound in the arm and was transported to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
The incident occurred in the 2100 block of New Bern Avenue, and at 12 p.m. Enloe High School was placed on code red lockdown as a precaution, Wake County Public Schools Communications Director Lisa Luten confirmed.
School was dismissed on time, under the supervision of Raleigh Police and all after school activities were canceled.
The investigation remains ongoing, and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 in NC: 40 more deaths, but fewest new cases reported since June
- Marines react to discovery of sunken tank, remains off California coast
- Rapper Kanye West files in Wisconsin to run for president
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Provantage and NCDMV are hiring
- 2 men, including a police officer, overdose on fentanyl mistaken for cocaine
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now