FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) – A woman in Franklin was arrested on Monday after police said she fatally stabbed her brother during an argument.
Authorities were sent to a home on Norfleet Street for a disturbance call around 10:15 p.m. Monday.
When they got there, officials found 27-year-old Zachary Gray suffering from a stab wound.
The initial investigation revealed Zachary Gray was involved in an argument with his sister, 24-year-old Sarah Gray.
Sarah Gray stabbed her during the altercation, police said.
Zachary Gray later died from the stab wound.
Sarah Gray has been charged with second-degree murder.
She is currently being held at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County schools approves athletics reopening plan beginning Oct. 26
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Police fatally shoot Black teen and injure woman in Illinois
- Durham city council considers expanding program that sends former gang members to mediate at shooting scenes
- ‘He’s my best friend’: After waiting for 3 years, local man prepares for kidney transplant from younger sister