FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) – A woman in Franklin was arrested on Monday after police said she fatally stabbed her brother during an argument.
Authorities were sent to a home on Norfleet Street for a disturbance call around 10:15 p.m. Monday.
When they got there, officials found 27-year-old Zachary Gray suffering from a stab wound.
The initial investigation revealed Zachary Gray was involved in an argument with his sister, 24-year-old Sarah Gray.
Sarah Gray stabbed her during the altercation, police said.
Zachary Gray later died from the stab wound.
Sarah Gray has been charged with second-degree murder.
She is currently being held at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh mayor issues 8 p.m. curfew following 2 nights of violence, destruction in downtown
- NC surpasses 29,000 positive COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 29,263; deaths just under 900
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Orange Theory, Hilldrup Moving & Storage are hiring
- LGBT Center of Raleigh offers help to those protesting downtown
- US heads into a new week shaken by violence and pandemic