FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) – A woman in Franklin was arrested on Monday after police said she fatally stabbed her brother during an argument.
Authorities were sent to a home on Norfleet Street for a disturbance call around 10:15 p.m. Monday.
When they got there, officials found 27-year-old Zachary Gray suffering from a stab wound.
The initial investigation revealed Zachary Gray was involved in an argument with his sister, 24-year-old Sarah Gray.
Sarah Gray stabbed her during the altercation, police said.
Zachary Gray later died from the stab wound.
Sarah Gray has been charged with second-degree murder.
She is currently being held at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Netflix star Marie Kondo launches online shop
- Police: Three dead after shooting at an Oklahoma Walmart
- A unique meteor shower coming this week
- Cat food sold nationwide recalled over potential risks to pets and humans
- As many as 20,000 letters, cards sent in for NC superintendent’s ‘Letters to Troops’ drive