DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – No one was injured in a fire Wednesday at an unused building in Durham, officials confirmed.
The building, located at 5304 Groucho Lane near Highway 70, was once the Sea to Shore Seafood restaurant.GALLERY: Click here for photos from the scene
No one was injured in the fire but 75 firefighters from six agency responded, according to Keith Hayes, chief of Eno Fire and Rescue.
Black smoke pouring from the fire could be seen for miles. A CBS North Carolina crew reported seeing the smoke from 10 miles away.
Hayes said he isn’t sure how long it will take to fully extinguish the fire.
Orange County Sheriff Charles Blackwood asked citizens to avoid the area.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ESTIMATED SNOW TOTALS FOR WEDNESDAY’S STORM
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS, DELAYS AND EARLY RELEASES FOR WEDNESDAY
- MAN DIES FROM OVERDOSE, SANFORD WOMAN DUMPS BODY ON SIDE OF ROAD, SHERIFF SAYS
- AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 2 GIRLS AFTER MOM FOUND DEAD IN TEXAS HOME
- ACCUMULATING SNOW LIKELY WEDNESDAY NIGHT