OUTER BANKS, NC (WNCN) – A snake caused a surprise power outage in the Outer Banks on Monday, according to a Dominion Energy media relations manager.
Bonita Harris, with Dominion Energy, tweeted on Monday afternoon that 9, 280 customers along the Outer Banks had lost power, and more importantly, their air conditioning after a snake had slithered into some equipment.
Crews did have lights back on within an hour for those customers in Colington, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head.
- NC investigators working to determine if arson was racially motivated
- About 100 protest and march in Knightdale Friday night
- Hundreds march during 7th night of protests in Raleigh Friday
- Grateful mom thanks NC police captain who saved choking baby at restaurant
- Fayetteville police announce arrests in break-ins, vandalism following protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now