OUTER BANKS, NC (WNCN) – A snake caused a surprise power outage in the Outer Banks on Monday, according to a Dominion Energy media relations manager.
Bonita Harris, with Dominion Energy, tweeted on Monday afternoon that 9, 280 customers along the Outer Banks had lost power, and more importantly, their air conditioning after a snake had slithered into some equipment.
Crews did have lights back on within an hour for those customers in Colington, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head.
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
- Game of the Week: Clayton takes down Fuquay-Varina in shootout to win 2nd straight | Week 5
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now