NEW ORLEANS (WNCN) — A person was struck and killed by a float during the Krewe of Endymion parade Saturday night.
The incident happened near the intersection of North Galvez and Canal Street.
Float # 13 will be the last float of the night and the rest of the parade has been canceled.
This marks the second New Orleans float accident in less than a week. A woman died Wednesday night after crossing between connected floats at the Nyx parade.
The parades mark the lead-up to Mardi Gras, which is Tuesday.
That victim was struck by float 21. The first 20 floats in the event finished the parade, but the final 23 floats were canceled.
Video from the scene showed crime scene tape around a large float that was made to look like a Mississippi Riverboat with large paddles in the rear. A coroner’s van was at the scene and then left.
— WGNO-TV and KLFY contributed to this report
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State to allow football players’ parents at Wake Forest game
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Southern Pines police officer tests positive for COVID-19, department says
- Border agent charged with violating woman’s civil rights by forbidding cellphone recording of arrest
- Tillis or Cunningham: Which candidate is receiving more search traffic?
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now