NEW ORLEANS (WNCN) — A person was struck and killed by a float during the Krewe of Endymion parade Saturday night.
The incident happened near the intersection of North Galvez and Canal Street.
Float # 13 will be the last float of the night and the rest of the parade has been canceled.
This marks the second New Orleans float accident in less than a week. A woman died Wednesday night after crossing between connected floats at the Nyx parade.
The parades mark the lead-up to Mardi Gras, which is Tuesday.
That victim was struck by float 21. The first 20 floats in the event finished the parade, but the final 23 floats were canceled.
Video from the scene showed crime scene tape around a large float that was made to look like a Mississippi Riverboat with large paddles in the rear. A coroner’s van was at the scene and then left.
— WGNO-TV and KLFY contributed to this report
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say