NEW ORLEANS (WNCN) — A person was struck and killed by a float during the Krewe of Endymion parade Saturday night.
The incident happened near the intersection of North Galvez and Canal Street.
Float # 13 will be the last float of the night and the rest of the parade has been canceled.
This marks the second New Orleans float accident in less than a week. A woman died Wednesday night after crossing between connected floats at the Nyx parade.
The parades mark the lead-up to Mardi Gras, which is Tuesday.
That victim was struck by float 21. The first 20 floats in the event finished the parade, but the final 23 floats were canceled.
Video from the scene showed crime scene tape around a large float that was made to look like a Mississippi Riverboat with large paddles in the rear. A coroner’s van was at the scene and then left.
— WGNO-TV and KLFY contributed to this report
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Aggie Pride! 2 A&T students are packing their bags and heading to Tokyo with their eyes on Olympic gold
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- WHOA!: U.S. Navy releases footage of 40,000-pound bomb explosion off east coast
- Raleigh’s Nate McMillan joins exclusive club with NBA playoffs run