NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police are investigating two separate shootings that took place on local interstates early Monday morning. One of them was fatal.
Police say the first happened around 12:30 a.m. on I-264 East near the Broad Creek Bridge in Norfolk. A 23-year-old passenger inside a black BMW sedan died after their vehicle was fired on from another vehicle. The driver wasn’t injured, police say.
That stretch of interstate was closed for a period of time Monday morning for the investigation.
Around the same time, police say they responded to another shooting call on an undetermined interstate. A Virginia Beach man in a black Acura was fired upon. The man had an injured leg and drove to his home in Virginia Beach, police say.
Police say at this time the incidents don’t appear to be connected and there’s no threat to the public.
Anyone who might have information in either case is asked to call Virginia State Police at (757) 424-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 in NC: State surpasses 11,000 deaths, 10 million tests
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Home Depot in Durham is hiring
- Man arrested, charged with the murder of 2 men in separate Durham shootings
- ‘So we can get back to some normalcy’: Hundreds of Wake County educators receive COVID-19 vaccine