TERRYTOWN, La. (WGNO) – A 14-year-old Louisiana boy is behind bars after he stabbed his father to death with a spear Wednesday, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The teen called deputies to a home in the 2100-block of Browning Lane in Tarrytown around 10 a.m. and told officers he had just stabbed his father, sheriff’s officials say.
When deputies arrived, they found a 50-year-old man inside the home who had been stabbed multiple times.
The victim was pronounced dead on the scene.
The officers arrested the victim’s 14-year-old son and were able to identify the murder weapon, which the JPSO has described as a spear.
The victim and the arrested suspect have not yet been identified.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 cases continue climbing in US during holiday season
- Hockman, defense carry NC State over Georgia Tech, 23-13
- NC man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hundreds attend Youngsville Christmas parade despite objections from health officials