CHARLESTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office responded to a fatal crash off S.C. 61 near Magnolia Plantation on Thanksgiving.
The two-car collision happened just before 3:30 p.m. in the 4100 block of Highway 61.
Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Roger Antonio said a Jeep traveling southbound at a high rate of speed crossed the center line and struck, nearly head-on, a Chevrolet traveling in the northbound lane.
The drivers in both vehicles died at the scene. A dog who was in the Chevrolet also died as a result of the collision.
There were no other occupants.
Highway 61 was shut down in both directions for several hours as crews investigated the crash. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Elderly couple found frozen in front yard; likely died from hypothermia
- Laredo caught ‘in the cross hairs’ over border wall, city’s mayor tells protesters
- Church unveils nativity scene depicting holy family as caged refugees
- 18-year-old arrested for killing brother in Southern Pines, police say
- Russia hit with 4-year Olympics ban for falsified doping data
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now