CHARLESTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office responded to a fatal crash off S.C. 61 near Magnolia Plantation on Thanksgiving.
The two-car collision happened just before 3:30 p.m. in the 4100 block of Highway 61.
Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Roger Antonio said a Jeep traveling southbound at a high rate of speed crossed the center line and struck, nearly head-on, a Chevrolet traveling in the northbound lane.
The drivers in both vehicles died at the scene. A dog who was in the Chevrolet also died as a result of the collision.
There were no other occupants.
Highway 61 was shut down in both directions for several hours as crews investigated the crash. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Several protesters arrested during demonstration on Capital Blvd.
- Report: NFL to play Black national anthem before ‘Star-Spangled Banner’ at season-opening games
- Final work underway for July 4th fireworks show at Fort Bragg
- Demonstrators block Capital Blvd. in Raleigh after protest at Executive Mansion over SB 168
- NC animal control crews working to get bear out of tree
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now