MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Two people were injured after a stabbing and shooting at Coastal Grand Mall in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Tuesday afternoon.
Police have one suspect in custody in connection with the incident. A name of the suspect will be released after charges are filed, according to Cpl. Tom Vest with Myrtle Beach police.
According to police, they were called to the food court area of the mall. Two people were receiving treatment and it is being investigated as a shooting, according to Vest. Police originally said they were called for a fight.
Vest said there are several crime scenes, one of which is inside the mall.
According to the police report, both people who were injured sustained “severe lacerations,” but it is unclear if they are from a stabbing or a gunshot.
Vest said police are searching for a small black four-door sedan last seen heading out of the city on Hwy 501.
The mall is currently closed to the public.
CBS 17’s sister station WBTW asked the company that owns Coastal Grand Mall for a statement, but was told to direct all questions to police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- How Wake County is working to curb a potential surge in evictions
- Machine recount affirms Newby’s lead over Beasley in NC chief justice race
- WNCN, other Nexstar stations removed from DISH lineup
- ‘The day is finally here.’ Greg Olsen shares first look at new pediatric heart center at Levine Children’s Hospital