ATLANTA (AP) – Police say they have arrested two teenagers in connection with a shooting that wounded one man in a busy suburban Atlanta mall food court in the height of the Christmas shopping season.
The Cobb County Police Department said surveillance footage and interviews helped identify the suspects as 18-year-old Zaire Dhanoolal and 19-year-old Joweer Ponce.
Officials said Sunday that Dhanoolal was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, while Ponce was charged with reckless conduct and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.
The shooting happened Saturday and sent shoppers scrambling at the sound of gunfire that police said began with a verbal dispute.
Police say 18-year-old Ethan Green was shot in the neck and shoulder area and taken to the hospital for treatment.
- No. 20 Virginia Tech slips past Wake Forest 64-60
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrations across the Triangle altered due to pandemic
- Events in the Triangle to honor and remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Family, community seek answers after woman murdered at motel
- ECU students move back onto campus; dorm rooms limited to 1 person each