LAKE TOWNSHIP, Ohio (AP) – Two Virginia Beach residents have been arrested after authorities said they were found walking on railroad tracks behind an Ohio airport with shovels, a pitchfork, and a backpack containing a gun and ammunition.
John, 38, and Vicki Davison, 33, both of Virginia Beach, face numerous charges.
The two were captured Monday behind the Toledo Executive Airport in Lake Township, which is a designated reliever airport for the Toledo Express Airport.
According to the Sentinel Tribune, the Davisons were each charged with one count of making terrorist threats, a third-degree felony; one count of carrying a concealed weapons, a fourth-degree felony; one count of inducing panic, a first-degree misdemeanor; and one count of criminal trespassing, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.
President Donald Trump was holding a rally Monday night at the main Toledo airport in Swanton, but there was no immediate indication the two events were linked.
FBI and Secret Service agents are involved in the ongoing investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday
- Police investigate after witness reports woman assaulted, abducted in Fayetteville
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now