ROCK HILL, S.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A mother and her boyfriend have been charged in the death of a 4-year-old child in Rock Hill, according to police.
Officers responded to calls around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 26 regarding a possible child death at a residence located on Gentle Breeze Lane.
An initial investigation determined this to be a homicide by way of child abuse, police said.
The mother Jackleen Mullen, 23, and her boyfriend Jarrell Williams, 26, have both been charged with homicide by child abuse or neglect.
This remains an active investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Activists want Biden to defund ICE, overhaul migrant detention policies
- Nearly 1,300 COVID-19 vaccine doses wasted in NC, officials say
- Police investigating after body found in Durham neighborhood
- NC attorney general calls for federal ban of menthol cigarettes
- How long could it take to vaccinate every adult in North Carolina from COVID-19?