VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Five people were injured after a deck at a home in Virginia Beach collapsed Thursday evening.
Photos and video from the scene, in the 3600 block of Sandfiddler Road, show a deck collapsed at a house along the beach.
The call reporting the incident came in at 6:47 p.m., dispatchers said. The lifeguard supervisor on patrol took command of the situation when they saw it, which happened as EMS was being dispatched to the scene, Bruce Nedelka, with Virginia Beach EMS, said.
First responders said none of the injuries are considered life-threatening.
Nedelka said that two people sustained serious head injuries. Three people had minor injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham City Council accepting applications to fill Ward 3 vacancy
- Tuesday Fur-cast | August 11
- Russia registers coronavirus vaccine, Putin says one of his daughters has been inoculated
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured