LAURENS COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – Five people have died after a crash in Laurens County on Sunday morning.
The crash happened at about 2:16 a.m. on I-385 near mile marker 13, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The driver of a 2014 Kia was traveling north on I-385 in the southbound lane, and struck a 2020 Hyundai head-on, troopers said. Two occupants from the Kia and and two occupants from the Hyundai died at the scene.
A third person in the Hyundai was transported to the hospital for injuries, where they died.
Their identities have not yet been released by the coroner’s office.
The crash remains under investigation by the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan? $15 federal minimum wage, expanded paid leave
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- 4-year-old Arkansas boy develops serious condition resulting from COVID-19