BILOXI, Miss. (WNCN) — Biloxi Police charged five teens with capital murder after a robbery turned deadly Monday afternoon, according to WKRG-TV.
Police say they robbed a girl under the age of 18 and threatened her at gunpoint.
Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer identified the young victim as 16-year-old Madison Harris, according to WLOX-TV
Authorities say a fight broke out and Harris was shot and killed.
Police were called to the 2000 block of Rustwood Drive, the victim’s house, shortly around 2 p.m. on Monday. The call described a medical emergency, and when police arrived, they discovered that Harris had been shot.
The ages of the suspects range from 15-years-old to 17-years-old: Yakeshia Blackmon (17), Willow Blackmon (15), Jasmine Kelley (15), Jarvis Cook (17) and Jaquez Porter (17).
Bond for four of the suspects was set at $1 million.
Cook was granted no bond because he was already out on bond for aggravated assault when this crime was committed.
WLOX and WKRG contributed to this report
- Unemployment claims in NC reach over 450,000, many still encountering issues to get claims processed
- Krispy Kreme to give healthcare workers a dozen doughnuts every Monday
- Sen. Schumer proposes $25,000 pay increase for essential workers
- Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennesee truck stop
- Lowe’s Home Improvement to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now