BILOXI, Miss. (WNCN) — Biloxi Police charged five teens with capital murder after a robbery turned deadly Monday afternoon, according to WKRG-TV.
Police say they robbed a girl under the age of 18 and threatened her at gunpoint.
Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer identified the young victim as 16-year-old Madison Harris, according to WLOX-TV
Authorities say a fight broke out and Harris was shot and killed.
Police were called to the 2000 block of Rustwood Drive, the victim’s house, shortly around 2 p.m. on Monday. The call described a medical emergency, and when police arrived, they discovered that Harris had been shot.
The ages of the suspects range from 15-years-old to 17-years-old: Yakeshia Blackmon (17), Willow Blackmon (15), Jasmine Kelley (15), Jarvis Cook (17) and Jaquez Porter (17).
Bond for four of the suspects was set at $1 million.
Cook was granted no bond because he was already out on bond for aggravated assault when this crime was committed.
WLOX and WKRG contributed to this report
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration
- California man arrested in double murder of wife, daughter
- Rezoning petition could pave way for new Panthers stadium