NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Police arrested the man accused of carrying an ax to a series of burglaries and thefts in the Donelson, Tennessee area.
Labar Pratt, 43, was taken into custody Thursday morning while trying to refuel a stolen car near downtown Nashville, police said.
Earlier this month, officers identified Pratt as the man seen on surveillance video breaking into several homes in Donelson, sometimes in broad daylight, while carrying an ax.
Police used a helicopter to search for Pratt in the area of Elm Hill Pike and Briley Parkway on the evening of Sept. 9, but were not able to locate him.
At least eight arrest warrants had been issued for Pratt on charges including vehicle burglary, attempted vehicle theft, and criminal trespassing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
- Woman, 2 men killed, another woman injured after BMW hits tree, splits in half in Virginia
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured after car hits tree along Norfolk road
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in California motorcycle crash
- Coast Guard Foundation steps in to help families after deadly fire at Outer Banks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now