CAYCE, S.C. (WNCN) – Authorities have located the body of a 6-year-old South Carolina girl last seen Monday.
Cayce Department of Public Safety’s Director Byron Snellgrove said the death of Faye Swetlik is being treated as a homicide following the discovery of her body.
“It is with extremely heavy hearts that we are now announcing we have found the body and identified it as Faye Marie Swetlik,” Snellgrove said.
Further detail on Swetlik’s disappearance were not released.
During the course of the investigation, the body of an adult male was found in the area, as well.
His identity has not yet been released.
Investigators said there is no danger to the public.
Swetlik was last seen in her front yard in the Churchill Heights Neighborhood on Monday at around 3:45 p.m.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 803-205-4444.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Safeguards help prevent false emergency alerts in NC, but some mistakes are inevitable
- State health officials urge North Carolinians not to panic, but to prepare for the coronavirus
- More than 3,800, including 2 schools, without power outside downtown Chapel Hill
- Elderly S.C. couple reported missing found safe
- ‘I think I took it a little too far’: Florida boy, 12, arrested after beating dog with metal pipes, deputies say