PAWLEYS ISLAND, S.C. (WBTW) – The Pawleys Island Police Department shared a video on social media Wednesday, showing a man removing barriers from a closed beach access.
According to the post, it happened at the First Street beach access, which has been closed since Hurricane Dorian.
A timestamp on the video indicates the man removed the barriers on Wednesday evening around 6:40 p.m. He appears to move the barriers by pulling them and then throwing them aside.
Dorian impacted the Carolinas in early September 2019, damaging hundreds of homes in Pawleys Island.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Monday Fur-Cast | November 30
- NC State, William & Mary cancel Monday game due to coronavirus
- Suspect sought in deadly Jacksonville shooting
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year