PAWLEYS ISLAND, S.C. (WBTW) – The Pawleys Island Police Department shared a video on social media Wednesday, showing a man removing barriers from a closed beach access.
According to the post, it happened at the First Street beach access, which has been closed since Hurricane Dorian.
A timestamp on the video indicates the man removed the barriers on Wednesday evening around 6:40 p.m. He appears to move the barriers by pulling them and then throwing them aside.
Dorian impacted the Carolinas in early September 2019, damaging hundreds of homes in Pawleys Island.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
- Wake Forest pizzeria partners with group to send smiles and hope to health care workers
- How to effectively sanitize a home office
- Triangle high school seniors unsure of graduation plans
- Woman who moved dad from Clayton nursing home says it was ‘unsanitary even before the quarantine’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now