UNION, S.C. (WSPA) – A child has died and three other people were hurt, including two firefighters, after a house fire in Union, South Carolina, on Wednesday evening.
Firefighters were called to the scene on 2nd Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for a house fire.
The house was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
According to the Union Public Safety Department, one civilian died while another was hurt in the fire.
The Union County Coroner identified the victim as 7-year-old Caeli Ratcliffe.
Two firefighters were also hurt in the fire and are in good condition, according to the public safety department.
SLED has been called to the scene to investigate the fire along with the South Carolina State Fire Marshal and the Union County Coroner’s Office.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway