YORK COUNTY, S.C. (WBTV) – The York County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information about a possible dog fighting case after a pit bull terrier was found abandoned with severe injuries.
The dog was found on Jan. 28 on the dirt road portion of Ratchford Road, near Alexander Love Highway. Deputies say the dog had bite wounds to the head, neck, and body, and needed emergency surgery.
The dog is now in stable condition and being cared for at a foster home during his recovery.
Investigators believe the dog could be tied to a possible dog fighting case.
Anyone with any information about animal fighting is urged to anonymously call Crime Stoppers of York County at 1-877-409-4321 or go online here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration
- California man arrested in double murder of wife, daughter
- Rezoning petition could pave way for new Panthers stadium
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.