YORK COUNTY, S.C. (WBTV) – The York County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information about a possible dog fighting case after a pit bull terrier was found abandoned with severe injuries.
The dog was found on Jan. 28 on the dirt road portion of Ratchford Road, near Alexander Love Highway. Deputies say the dog had bite wounds to the head, neck, and body, and needed emergency surgery.
The dog is now in stable condition and being cared for at a foster home during his recovery.
Investigators believe the dog could be tied to a possible dog fighting case.
Anyone with any information about animal fighting is urged to anonymously call Crime Stoppers of York County at 1-877-409-4321 or go online here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Staffer at facility for children, young adults tests positive for coronavirus in Durham
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Funeral held for NC deputy who died from COVID-19
- Cruise ship with 2 deaths, 12 COVID-19 cases finally docks in Florida after days of limbo
- State, national firefighters work to contain wildfires in NC mountains
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.