CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A dog found inside a taped closed box near a trash compactor in Chesapeake is reportedly doing fine, police say.
According to Chesapeake police, officers responded to Holly Point Apartments and spoke to the maintenance worker who found the dog on Nov. 9.
Reports say the dog was found inside a cardboard box with a towel, near the maintenance office of the apartment complex. The box was taped closed to prevent it from getting out.
Animal Control officials advised the maintenance worker, who showed interest in possibly giving the dog a home, to report the incident so the dog can be scanned for any microchipping.
Police say the person responsible for the incident might have done so to cause harm to the dog’s owner.
At the moment, an animal cruelty report has not been filed.
The incident is still under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State officials seek more New Orleans tourism after mayor approves fines up to $500
- $11.5 million in grants awarded to coastal NC for Hurricane Florence damage
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now