FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – When Katy Mullen stopped to see if a family needed help after a fire destroyed their home, she found the daughter had been trying to get their cat down from a tree.
The cat was stuck about 35 feet up in a tree after strong winds fueled a fire that completely destroyed the family’s home in Florence County on Friday. Katy said the family had two indoor cats. One has not been found and the other was stuck up in a tree.
The daughter sat outside for five hours Saturday morning, trying to get the cat down, Katy said. But being an indoor cat, he was afraid to move.
Katy decided to go to the West Florence Fire Department to ask for help. The chief showed up within 10 minutes, Katy said. The chief and two of the firefighters from the department saved the day for cat and family!
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer at age 87
- Local pumpkin carver shines on Food Network’s “Halloween Wars”
- Local singer, Christina Munsey, debuts new music
- Understand and protect your home’s crawlspace for the long haul
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now