SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man is accused of binding a 13-year-old boy to plywood and forcing the child to sleep on the material.
On Sunday, deputies searched the home of 41-year-old Frank McKay after learning of his involvement in a possible child abuse incident. There, deputies found zip ties and plywood, which the 13-year-old victim said was used to bind him to a piece of plywood.
The child told deputies he was forced to sleep on the plywood without any mattress or linens. He said he was given a banana and two bottles of water a day while he was bound to the plywood.
Investigators said McKay had the child tied up while he and the boy visited his girlfriend, 38-year-old Adecia Johnson, at her home.
McKay is charged with two counts of false imprisonment and two counts of Aggravated Child Abuse. He is being held without bond.
Deputies said McKay has an extensive criminal history with arrests for burglary, drug possession, and contempt of court for non-payment of child support.
Johnson is charged with false imprisonment and aggravated child abuse. She is also being held without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to COVID-19 pandemic worldwide
- VIDEO: Cyclist assaults teens over protest flyers along Maryland trail
- J.C. Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase; 5 NC locations to close
- Smuggled migrants face added layers of danger in tractor-trailers
- Protesters take to the streets of Raleigh for 6th night
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now