HOLIDAY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco Sheriff’s Office in Florida arrested a man for child abuse after he burned a 5-year-old girl for trying to take a french fry without permission.
The child told deputies that Eric Lahr, 37, burned her left hand with a hot french fry after she tried to take one of the fries without permission.
Deputies say the burn will presumably leave a permanent scar on the girl’s hand.
Lahr was arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 12 witnesses say cops didn’t ID themselves in Breonna Taylor raid, attorneys say
- Viral video shows woman tased at Ohio middle school for not wearing mask, forcibly removed from game
- Extra time off giving Tar Heels chance to hit restart button on season
- Video captures officer rolling bicycle over Seattle protester’s head during Breonna Taylor demonstrations
- Durham mayor says white anarchists took over racial justice protest, causing damage to businesses
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now