LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida arrested a man who was caught on video tackling and punching his dog.
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post that his office was made aware of doorbell video that showed 28-year-old Joshua Schlotmann punching the dog, named Thanos.
Marceno said Schlotmann “delivered three closed-fisted blows” to the dog.
Lee County Domestic Animal Services took custody of the dog.
Marceno said he won’t stand for animal abuse and “will keep throwing these abusers in jail until they get the message.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Analysts break down why NC Senate debate may have swayed undecided voters toward Cunningham
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Key moments from Tuesday night’s NC Senate debate
- Trump said coronavirus ‘affects virtually nobody,’ as U.S. surpasses 200,000 deaths
- Top tweets from the #NCSenateDebate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now