SIESTA KEY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been bitten by a shark and walked home bleeding where a woman called 911 and had him taken to a hospital.
News outlets say the man was swimming in the waters off Siesta Key, Florida, when the attack happened.
WTVT says a woman called 911 and said the man was bleeding and was heard reassuring “everything’s going to be OK.”
Hospital officials confirmed a man had been admitted as a patient Tuesday with a shark bite but didn’t provide any details on his condition.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Travelers at RDU speak out as face masks now required at airports, on planes
- Serial sex offender arrested in Asheville kidnappings, sexual assaults, police say
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- Wake County leaders address COVID-19 vaccine rollout during town hall