BASCOM, Fla. (WNCN) – A 65-year-old Florida man is dead after he was attacked by pack of stray dogs early Wednesday, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to a stretch of Kirkland Road near Bascom around 7:45 a.m. is response to a man lying by the road.
Deputies located the body of Donald Ray Allen, 65, of Bascom in the area, the newspaper reported.
In a release, the sheriff’s office said an investigation revealed Allen had been attacked by animals while walking along the road.
“The injuries are believed to have been caused by a pack of stray dogs roaming in the area,” the sheriff’s office said.
Animal Control plans on placing traps in the area to catch the stray dogs.
Anyone with information about the dogs are asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 850-482-9624 or Animal Control at 850-718-0021.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- U.S. reaches 100,000 coronavirus hospitalizations
- Wendell shop owner cited over sign saying store doesn’t require masks
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments