GULFPORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man is behind bars after police said he brutally beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat.
Officers were called to an aggravated battery at a home on Tangerine Avenue South near 56th Street South just before 3:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to police, 41-year-old Stephen Moran beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat in an unprovoked attack. Officers said Moran told them he “basically talked himself into the attack” because he was “upset with how the victim handled money.”
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center as a trauma alert. Police said he is stable but suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Moran was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom of 6 dead, 2 officers among 5 hurt in crash during police chase caught on video
- The show must go on: Salem Singers
- Hundreds pay respects, call for change at George Floyd’s Raeford memorial service
- Memorial held in Hoke County for NC native George Floyd as many seek change
- Where George Floyd lost his life might not be what you expect
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now