GULFPORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man is behind bars after police said he brutally beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat.
Officers were called to an aggravated battery at a home on Tangerine Avenue South near 56th Street South just before 3:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to police, 41-year-old Stephen Moran beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat in an unprovoked attack. Officers said Moran told them he “basically talked himself into the attack” because he was “upset with how the victim handled money.”
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center as a trauma alert. Police said he is stable but suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Moran was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Obese bear rescued from Pennsylvania sportsmen’s club recovering in Colorado
- SC bus driver cut out of vehicle after crash with 18-wheeler
- Robeson County sheriff host forum about preventing, responding to shootings in places of worship
- Kids Exchange Consignment Sale begins Friday at NC Fairgrounds
- WATCH: Houston explosion caught on home surveillance video