GULFPORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man is behind bars after police said he brutally beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat.
Officers were called to an aggravated battery at a home on Tangerine Avenue South near 56th Street South just before 3:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to police, 41-year-old Stephen Moran beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat in an unprovoked attack. Officers said Moran told them he “basically talked himself into the attack” because he was “upset with how the victim handled money.”
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center as a trauma alert. Police said he is stable but suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Moran was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biggest snow of season still on track overnight for central NC
- Convenience vs. privacy: How apps like Facebook Messenger spy on users
- Anticipation of snow leads to schedule changes for central NC schools, colleges
- Protesters call for better living conditions in Durham public housing
- Fayetteville city leaders vote not to demolish Market House, still want it changed in some way