PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida woman is accused of stabbing a child in the back at least once with a pocket knife, authorities said.
The attack happened in January at an undisclosed location in New Port Richey in Pasco County, Florida. Six weeks later, deputies arrested 38-year-old Evelyn Marie Haus.
Deputies said Haus stabbed the child in the back, leaving them with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch-long laceration that is now a scar.
“The defendant also provided the time frame for when the altercation took place,” the affidavit states. “The victim’s statement was also corroborated by several household members.”
The affidavit does not mention the child’s age or anything about what may have led to the stabbing.
Haus later admitted to stabbing the child, according to the affidavit.
She was arrested for aggravated child abuse on Sunday and booked into the Land O’ Lakes Detention facility.
Further information was not immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SEE IT: Simulation shows how cough can spread coronavirus in grocery stores
- Job Alert | Sheetz, Food Lion are hiring
- Father says Boris Johnson likely out of action for a while
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway
- In a test of faith, Christians mark Good Friday in isolation
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now