GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WJW) — The Gatlinburg SkyLift Park is opening a new ‘SkyTrail’ this fall.
According to the park’s website, the Gatlinburg SkyTrail will be a scenic walkway connecting both sides of the SkyBridge as it follows the contours and slope of Crockett Mountain.
The trail can be walked in either direction, with the east side constructed of a wooden boardwalk and the west side a paved pathway.
The trail will open to the public this fall and will be expanded later in the season.
The SkyBridge in Gatlinburg, Tenn., stretches 680 feet across a valley in the Great Smoky Mountains. It opened to the public in May 2019.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- Wake County to offer more free COVID-19 drive-thru testing at Sunnybrook parking deck
- Trump to hold Fayetteville rally Saturday, his 4th visit in as many weeks to NC
- NC couple holds ‘SteelPanther Bowl’ football-themed wedding
- NC Chief Justice Cheri Beasley remembers ‘wonderful trailblazer’ Ruth Bader Ginsburg
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now