GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WJW) — The Gatlinburg SkyLift Park is opening a new ‘SkyTrail’ this fall.
According to the park’s website, the Gatlinburg SkyTrail will be a scenic walkway connecting both sides of the SkyBridge as it follows the contours and slope of Crockett Mountain.
The trail can be walked in either direction, with the east side constructed of a wooden boardwalk and the west side a paved pathway.
The trail will open to the public this fall and will be expanded later in the season.
The SkyBridge in Gatlinburg, Tenn., stretches 680 feet across a valley in the Great Smoky Mountains. It opened to the public in May 2019.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man reaches through NC home’s open window, grabs 14-year-old girl
- There’s something in the water off Virginia Beach: Shrimp!
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State
- Man dies after he’s found shot in car in Durham, police say
- Body found in NC mountains believed to be murdered man; 2 facing charges