DULUTH, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia probation officer has resigned and her friend has been arrested for borrowing that officer’s badge and gun to get free snacks at a QuikTrip.
WSB-TV reports 33-year-old Pektra LaQuiche Edgerton was arrested and charged with impersonating an officer.
Gwinnett County Police Officer J.T. Smith says he saw Edgerton inside the store with a badge and gun requesting free snacks and her actions seemed suspicious.
Edgerton admitted that she used Probation Officer Branid Green’s gun and badge.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- As symptoms change, here’s how you can tell if it’s COVID-19 or allergies
- People speak out after alcohol sales end at 10 p.m. in Orange County
- Sheriff: Florida homeowner kills masked intruders; accomplice facing murder charges
- Florida man arrested for attempting to record under young girl’s dress at Walmart, police say
- 2 men wanted for deadly shooting of pregnant woman in SC; reward offered
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now