Elyse Purefoy, 17, was taking part in summer training with the Arabia Mountain High School’s dance team when she passed out. Teammates said Purefoy asked for a water break multiple times before collapsing.
Her heart stopped in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, CBS 46 reported.
DeKalb County Schools released a statement Monday saying that the school’s community “mourns the passing of a member of the school’s dance team. Our hearts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.”
Click here to donate to a GoFundMe the family established to help cover funeral costs.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
- Soldier from Fayetteville dies in SC during training
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- High school football player in ICU after collapsing during game
- Police identify Harnett County man who drowned at Topsail Beach
- Austin billionaire makes good on promise, donates $34M to cover student loans