BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) – Charges have been upgraded against a Louisiana woman accused of beating a 93-year-old grandmother in an alleged assault caught on video.
News outlets report 57-year-old Lottie Morgan has been charged with felony aggravated second-degree battery. She’s expected in court Friday. Morgan is allegedly seen beating a person with a belt in the short video shared online and with police.
A family member says that person is a 93-year-old grandmother. Morgan was the grandmother’s caregiver. Morgan was initially arrested and charged earlier this month. Then she posted bond and reportedly returned to the home with the grandmother.
It’s unclear whether Morgan had an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center set to reopen
- Against Virginia, UNC hopes run game continues with offensive line providing key help
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now