SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – South Carolina deputies said a man was arrested Tuesday after robbing a church in a stolen Batman costume.
According to the incident report, deputies responded to Church at The Mill, located at 4455 Anderson Mill Rd. in Moore, South Carolina Saturday afternoon for a reported burglary.
When deputies arrived on scene, the church’s pastor told them someone stole computers and office equipment from one of their administration buildings.
The pastor told deputies he thought one of the windows had been left unlocked and that was how the burglar got inside of the building.
WSPA spoke with the Anderson Mill Baptist Church associate pastor about the incident Monday and got a look at their surveillance video.
In the surveillance video from Thursday night, a man is seen going from room to room gathering equipment. The man then finds a Batman costume in one of the offices, puts it on and continues to gather equipment.
Sheriff’s office officials said their property crimes investigators were able to identify the burglar to be Dalton Alexander Lazurick, 25, of Robuck, South Carolina.
Lazurick has been charged with grand larceny and second-degree burglary. He was booked into the Spartanburg County Detention Center where he was held on a $1,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties, other gatherings
- Chapel Hill PD taking calls, but not enforcing CDC/state COVID-19 guidelines
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now