CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Clarksville police are investigating the death of a man who became trapped in a donation bin outside of a Walmart over the weekend.
Police responded just before 4 p.m. Sunday to a report of a man stuck in the bin at the store on Wilma Rudolph Boulevard and Morris Road.
When officers arrived, they said they could see the bottom half of the 48-year-old man sticking out of the bin. He was removed and pronounced dead at the scene, investigators revealed.
While no foul play was suspected, Clarksville police said they were actively investigating the incident.
The name of the man and a cause of death have not been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 3 teens arrested in string of violent robberies in Fayetteville, police say
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks