HILTON HEAD, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man who went to McDonald’s for a sweet tea says he received a little extra herbal substance on the side.
The Island Packet reports Parrish Brown went to a McDonald’s on Hilton Head Island and asked for a sweet tea with light ice and extra lemon.
Brown now believes “extra lemon” was code for marijuana, since he found three bags of weed in his cup. He says he only realized it once he was “high as a kite.”
Brown says he’d never had marijuana, so he didn’t recognize the taste. He says he paid regular price for the items.
Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Maj. Bob Bromage says an investigation is ongoing. He didn’t specify which McDonald’s Brown had gone to.
McDonald’s didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Local social justice groups aiming to have voting rights restored for convicted felons
- Cumberland County mom says teacher made son with autism stand alone outside
- Former Johnston Co. Superintendent seeking large pension payout
- Chlorine spill closes Durham intersection
- Death of Orange County man found in yard result of gun battle, sheriff says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now