OLDSMAR, Fla. (WFLA) - A Pinellas County man was arrested on aggravated battery charges after authorities say he pushed a pregnant woman and her 1-year-old child out of a moving car.
The incident took place on June 7, according to an affidavit.
Emmanuel Parker, 25, of Oldsmar was traveling with the woman near Old Coachman Road and Northeast Coachman Road when they got into an argument.
Police said Parker punched the woman multiple times before he reached over and opened the passenger door.
Police say he then pushed the woman, who was apparently holding a child, out of the car, which was going 20 to 25 mph.
According to a witness, the woman landed on top of her daughter on the street.
The witness watched Parker get out of the car and punch the woman again, officials said. He then "threw" the child into the truck and left the mother on the side of the street, the affidavit states.
The victim was given a ride to an apartment in the 400 block of the Tangerine Drive in Oldsmar. Police said the baby was found inside the apartment.
The child was taken to a nearby hospital. The extent of her injuries is unknown, but Parker is facing a charge of child abuse without great bodily harm.
Parker was also found at the apartment and arrested for aggravated battery, aggravated battery (pregnant female), child abuse without great bodily harm, police said.
He faces an additional charge of possession of marijuana after police found 2.3 grams of marijuana in his possession. He was booked into the Pinellas County Jail on a $60,150 bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- RALEIGH POLICE INVESTIGATING INFANT'S DEATH
- MOTORCYCLIST WHO DIED IN FAYETTEVILLE ACCIDENT WAS 82ND AIRBORNE PARATROOPER
- STATE LOOKING AT FAYETTEVILLE WOMAN ACCUSED OF POSING AS LICENSED CONTRACTOR
- 'DOOMSDAY' MAN ARRESTED AFTER 31 PIPE BOMBS FOUND IN PERSON COUNTY
- VIDEO RELEASED AFTER KYRON HINTON CITED WITH ASSAULT ON OFFICIAL LAST WEEK
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Gov. Cooper to President Trump: 'Stop the economic damage to our state'
- Coast Guard helps rescue 3 people and their dog from Pamlico Sound
- Trump calls for release of NC pastor being held in Turkey
- VOTE: NC Zoo needs help naming newborn female southern white rhino