HOUMA, La. (WGNO) – A man who told police he stole an electric scooter from a Walmart parking lot because he was too drunk to drive his vehicle to a nearby bar now faces felony charges related to the theft.
A Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy spotted the electric scooter parked between two cars outside a bar more than half a mile from the Walmart around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday.
The officer spoke to the bar’s security guard, who identified 32-year-old Brice Kendell Williams as the man who had arrived on the Walmart scooter.
Williams told the officer he didn’t want to drive his own vehicle to the bar because he was afraid he would get a DWI, according to police.
Instead, Williams was arrested and charged with unauthorized use of a moveable, which is a felony.
His bond was set at $2,500.
- VIDEO: Fishing pier collapses as its hit by loose barge at Virginia coast
- Flooded, sand-covered NC 12 still closed as storm lashes NC coast; all ferry routes shut down
- Man injured in shooting outside Raleigh Motel 6
- Deadly crash under investigation in Fayetteville
- Power restored in Raleigh after more than 1,600 affected by outage
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now