ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The boy was transported to a nearby hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Childress, Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing into car on I-40 near Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh
- NC man charged with trafficking opioids, meth; bond set at $1 million
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now