CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake police say they recovered the body of a woman reported missing on Sunday.
Police confirmed 29-year-old Jamile Hill’s body was found floating in the water on the side of the road in the 4500 block of Bainbridge Blvd. Officers were dispatched at 8:38 a.m.
At this time, there are no signs of foul play, but the incident is still under investigation. Hill was reported missing Sunday after she was last seen in her home in the Greenbrier area around 8 p.m. Saturday.
Police said Hill suffered from autism and bipolar disorder, and didn’t have her medication.
Officers say the southbound lanes of S. Battlefield Blvd. have reopened at the 400 block; the northbound traffic is still restricted to one lane.
The public is asked to avoid the area if possible.
- Fayetteville leaders hopeful new Amazon delivery station will attract more companies to area
- Biden supports waiving COVID vaccine patent rights
- Twitter introduces ‘Tip Jar’ that allows you to pay users for tweets
- NC House approves bill banning abortions based on race or Down syndrome
- Children now account for 22% of new COVID cases in NC