MOULTRIE, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia woman is accused of dropping and fatally injuring her 3-month-old baby during an altercation with another woman.
WALB-TV reports 26-year-old Karen Lashun Harrison was charged with felony murder, cruelty to children and simple battery.
Moultrie Police Lt. Freddie Williams says Harrison got into a fight Friday with a woman at a beauty supply store and dropped the baby onto the pavement. The baby was taken to the hospital Saturday with a head injury where he later died.
Harrison told police the baby was injured when he fell from family friend Carneata Clark’s arms. Clark corroborated the story. She’s charged with false statements and obstruction of an officer.
The other woman involved in the fight hasn’t been charged.
Williams says more arrests are possible.
It’s unclear whether Harrison and Clark have attorneys.
Information from: WALB-TV, http://www.walb.com/
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham Public Schools opts to continue remote learning through end of semester
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- Durham police car involved in crash while trying to stop armed robbery suspect
- Florida woman spent murder GoFundMe donations on shopping, bills, deputies say
- Senator proposes bill requiring states count and report federal election ballots within 24 hours
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now