MOULTRIE, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia woman who accused of dropping and fatally injuring her 3-month-old baby during an altercation with another woman was denied bond.
WALB-TV reports 26-year-old Karen Lashun Harrison was charged with felony murder, cruelty to children and simple battery.
Moultrie Police Lt. Freddie Williams says Harrison got into a fight Friday with a woman at a beauty supply store and dropped the baby onto the pavement.
The baby was taken to the hospital Saturday with a head injury where he later died.
Harrison told police the baby was injured when he fell from family friend Carneata Clark’s arms.
Clark corroborated the story. She’s charged with false statements and obstruction of an officer. She was released on a $5,000 bond.
The other woman involved in the fight hasn’t been charged.
Williams says more arrests are possible.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- I-440 reopens after earlier police investigation
- One dead after early morning shooting in Raleigh
- Last El Paso shooting victim laid to rest on Saturday
- As Durham homicides increase, residents rally against violence
- At least 45 vehicles involved in crash that closed I-40/I-85 in Orange County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now