GEORGETOWN, S.C. (WBTW) – Police in Georgetown are searching for a woman wanted on a homicide by child abuse charge.
According to the Georgetown Police Department, Stephanie Marie Healey is wanted for homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of an infant on December 29, 2018.
According to the incident report, the child was born at 2:45 a.m. and died less than three hours later at 5:03 a.m.
In the report Chase Ridgeway from the Georgetown County Coroner’s office told officers the baby tested positive for opioids and had cocaine in its system.
The report says that Healey was the child’s mother and gave birth via C-section when she was 34 weeks pregnant.
If anyone sees Healey or knows where she is, they are asked to call the Georgetown Police Department at 843–545– 4300.
- Algae bloom at Virginia Beach results in ‘foul smell’ and discolored water
- Woman sought at NC coast after dog bites 2 people during beach walk, police say
- 2 critical after car crushed by tractor-trailer in wreck near Va. mall
- Celebrity chef Rachael Ray escapes after home goes up in flames
- Seafood restaurant’s permit pulled over face mask, social distancing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now