(WNCN) — A nine-year-old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth-grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston.
Colton’s grandfather Vince Furtick posted via Facebook that his organs were donated and saved three lives. His family said his kidneys went to two other children in South Carolina, and his liver saved a child’s life in Virginia.
“Life goes on and in Colton’s case, three lives were saved by his donated kidneys and liver. He was the brightest light in our lives and he will be missed greatly. Again, thank you,” Furtick said in the post.
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- California governor signs law prompted by photo scandal in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Analysis: Team meeting helped Panthers bond, record 1st win
- 19-year-old basketball player from Davidson County dies due to coronavirus complications
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now