NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Virginia arrested a man they believe posted offensive stickers.
Police say 33-year-old Samuel A. Caskey, a Virginia Beach resident, posted stickers with QR codes that would direct a user to a New York-based blog for white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
They were posted on street signs and telephone poles in Ghent starting Jan. 21, 2020, in the 21st Street corridor. There were about 40 stickers found at that time.
Police began investigating those stickers at that time and worked with the Department of Public Works to quickly remove them.
However, the stickers began appearing once more starting June 6.
An investigation into the recent posting of the stickers led police to Caskey, with police announcing the arrest on Friday. Police didn’t say what charges Caskey is facing.
“Let me be very clear, discriminatory acts such as this will be thoroughly investigated by the Norfolk Police Department, and those responsible will be held accountable for their actions,” Police Chief Larry Boone said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dirt bike rider seriously injured in collision with SUV in Fayetteville
- Police investigated for shooting at car carrying kid brothers in Georgia
- VIDEO: Family spots funnel cloud near Outer Banks
- Man charged with sex crimes involving NC girl visiting Myrtle Beach, police say
- Trooper injured by large rock, 24 arrested as protests continue for 70th day in Portland