ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a woman has died after a drunk driver ran a red light and hit her car in Florida Monday night.
The crash happened at the intersection of 18th Avenue South and 22nd Street South around 9 p.m.
Police said Arttonoyo Lee, 23, was speeding on 18th Avenue South in St. Petersburg and blew through a red light at the intersection of 22nd Street South. He hit a gray 2013 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Latoya Roundtree, 38.
Both Lee and Rountree were taken to Bayfront Health-St. Petersburg, where Roundtree was pronounced deceased.
Police said Lee showed numerous signs of impairment.
He was arrested for vehicular homicide, DUI manslaughter, possession of marijuana less than 20 grams and violation of probation.
Lee is being held at the Pinellas County Jail.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- McGusty, ’Canes outlast Virginia Tech in triple overtime
- Key, Clark lead Virginia past Boston College, 78-65
- Devoe shakes off injury, leads Georgia Tech past Wake Forest
- No. 11 Louisville routs Syracuse 90-66 to end 2-game slide
- Family, community hails crossing guard hit and killed as ‘hero’ after saving 2 students
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now