NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A 30-year-old man confessed to breaking into a stranger’s home in downtown Nashville, Tennessee over the weekend, grabbing a kitchen knife, and trying to stab and rob the man sleeping inside, a police report alleges.
Officers responded around 4 a.m. Sunday to a burglary at a residence on Fifth Avenue South near Peabody Street.
The victim told officers he woke up to the sound of glass breaking and walked into the hallway where he found a stranger armed with a knife.
Police said the intruder tried to stab and rob the resident, while the resident screamed for the man to leave and picked up a table to defend himself.
The suspect ran from the home and was located at the Nashville Rescue Mission on Lafayette Street with a bloody knife and cuts to his hands, officers explained.
The suspect was identified in an arrest affidavit as Marty Head.
The 30-year-old was booked into the Metro jail on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated burglary.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now